Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Bible as the inerrant Word of God composed of the Old and the New Testaments, verbally inspired, the all sufficient rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in Three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, and that He is true God and Man. He died on the cross for our sins, as the vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice. He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where at the right hand of the Father He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide instruct, and empower the believer for Godly life.
- We believe that salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from works and is possessed by all who have faith and have received the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
- We believe that the Church is composed of all born again believers; its mission is to witness concerning its Head, Jesus Christ, preaching and teaching the Gospel among all nations: it will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air when He appears to set up His kingdom.
- We believe that the Lord's Supper and Water Baptism are the ordinances to be observed by the Church during this present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means for man's salvation.
- We believe in the personal pre-millennial and imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ and that this "Blessed Hope" has a dynamic bearing on the personal life and service of every believer.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- We believe that every local church has the right under Jesus Christ, its Head and Lord, to decide and govern its own affairs.
In essential beliefs--we show unity
"There is one body and one spirit… there is one Lord, one faith , one baptism, and one God and father of us all "
In non-essential beliefs--we show liberty
"Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters…Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls… So then each of us will give an account of himself to God… So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God "
In all of our beliefs--we show charity
“ If I hold in my mind not only all human knowledge but also the very secrets of God, and if I have the faith that can move mountains – but have no love, I amount to nothing at all”
1 Corinthians 13:2